Camp Operations Coordinator
We inspire kids to believe in themselves.
Who we are
We are a fast-growing leader in children’s programming that offer high-quality bike and swim lessons across North America.
Why you’ll love working at Pedalheads
Pedalheads has 170+ locations in 40+ cities with 2000+ amazing staff who get to teach 70,000+ children every year. Pedalheads has grown more than 50% over the past 2 years while maintaining a “love what you do” culture with considerable flexibility and opportunity for professional growth.
Our people consistently attribute their love of working at Pedalheads to the culture and team. We’re passionate about creating a supportive, energizing team environment with fun, friendly and driven people.
We are truly known for developing our people and teams to their highest potential in a way that builds skills and confidence for life. Our progressive, collaborative culture and ambitious North American expansion plans translate into all kinds of career growth and development opportunities.
By teaching fundamental skills, building confidence and igniting their sense of adventure, we can forever impact the life of a child. Pedalheads also offers a generous bursary program and give back program through annual social giving, and we are continuously working on meaningful ways to make communities better for having us there.
The Camo operations role is diverse, with responsibilities in site operations, customer service, marketing, staffing and mentorship. This is an independent role where you will be responsible for the delivery of Pedalheads programs within the region and ensuring that all safety and quality standards are being met.
Contract Position (January 9, 2023 to September 6, 2023).
You will also work collaboratively with others in the organization such as Operations, Marketing, Customer Care, Training, and Human Resources.
- Responsible for hiring all seasonal instructors for Pedalheads camp in the region
- Screen applicants and conduct regular interviews (Group, Individual, & Zoom)
- Prepare and manage all onboarding documents, staff list, and training dates
Helps to develop creative strategies for recruiting candidates, particularly in the 16-25 age group
- Maintains a hiring network with high schools, universities, career fairs, students, community groups, and employment resources to attract a large pool of candidates
- Keeps a connection with returning and newly hired employees through the year with ongoing communications and updates
- Leads and supervises summer camp staff by providing mentorship and motivation on-site and supporting the Site Leadership teams at each location
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with camp leaders and instructors
- Supports Site Leadership with the resolution of employee or customer issues
- Ensures that camp procedures and safety standards are being followed and upheld
- Assists with the training of camp staff
- Participates in marketing activities and promotional events as requested by the marketing department
- Leads on-site marketing initiatives such as re-registration campaigns
- Supports corporate activities that drive business success and value for the customer
- Responds to customer complaints in a timely and professional manner, always aiming to provide solutions that ensure resolution
- Always willing to go the extra mile to engage customers and provide an excellent customer experience
- Proactively engages with parents and children on-site
- Communicator - has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship Builder – builds and preserves trusting relationships with site leaders, instructors, colleagues, customers and hiring resources
- Passionate and collaborative – participates and represents the company brand proudly
- Work ethic – self-motivated, works continuously towards successful outcomes
- Commitment to Quality – takes pride in work and strives for excellence
- Mentorship – able to develop and motivate employees
- Leadership - a mature and dynamic leader who is enthusiastic and brings a positive energy
- Responsible - takes initiative and takes charge of situations
- Organizer and planner – plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets efficiently and productively
- Flexibility/adaptability – adjusts quickly to changing situations; copes effectively with complexity and change; able to work occasional evening and weekends
- Team Player - has excellent verbal communication and collaboration skills and can work with all levels and functional areas of an organization
- Fun – understands the importance of team bonding and creates and open and social workspace
- A minimum of 2 year’s management or supervisory experience
- Experience with children’s programs/summer camps or in coaching, teaching, or instructing, an asset
- Supervisory and/or hiring experience, especially with ages 15-25
- This can be a physically demanding position – should be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and be able to support a child on a bike
- Previous experience with high volume staff recruitment an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to areas of responsibility
- Knowledge and understanding of seattle and communities of their region
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Occasional travel and work after hours and/or weekends required, particularly during camp season (June – August).
To apply please submit your application online by November 30, 2022.
This is a truly amazing time for Pedalheads and we’re excited to be expanding our team and creating so much opportunity and growth for both our staff and the kids that come to our camps. Apply now and find out why Pedalheads people love what we do.
Pedalheads is committed to creating and upholding a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone. We believe that our programs are enriched by the presence of many voices from a variety of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, political beliefs, ages, sexual identities and orientation, socio-economic backgrounds and physical and cognitive abilities.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require financial assistance or other accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact the People and Culture team in confidence.