We inspire kids to believe in themselves.
Who we are
We are a fast-growing leader in children’s programming who offer high-quality bike and swim lessons across North America.
Why you’ll love working at Pedalheads
Pedalheads has 170+ locations in 40+ cities with 2000+ amazing staff who get to teach 70,000+ children every year. Pedalheads has grown more than 50% over the past 2 years while maintaining a “love what you do” culture with considerable flexibility and opportunity for professional growth.
Our people consistently attribute their love of working at Pedalheads to the culture and team. We’re passionate about creating a supportive, energizing team environment with fun, friendly and driven people.
We are truly known for developing our people and teams to their highest potential in a way that builds skills and confidence for life. Our progressive, collaborative culture and ambitious North American expansion plans translate into all kinds of career growth and development opportunities.
By teaching fundamental skills, building confidence and igniting their sense of adventure, we can forever impact the life of a child. Pedalheads also offers a generous bursary program and give back program through annual social giving, and we are continuously working on meaningful ways to make communities better for having us there.
As Hiring Coordinator, you are responsible for the complete process of hiring seasonal Spring Break and Summer staff for our Pedalheads camps in BC (primarily Greater Vancouver Area, Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island). This includes recruiting candidates, evaluating resumes, scheduling, and conducting group and/or individual interviews, and managing the onboarding processes.
This role is a full-time seasonal position from December until end of August 2023. You will be required to work one weekend day to run interviews and assist with scheduling staff.
This position will be based out of our Vancouver, BC and reports to the Assistant Manager, People and Culture.
In addition to sharing your ideas on how we can grow, learn and build in this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Consulting with Operations and People & Culture team to determine staff requirements and objectives
• Posting job descriptions on various job boards
• Using a variety of recruiting methods to locate Instructors and Volunteers
• Screening applicants and conduct regular interviews (Group, In-person, Individual & Zoom)
• Using tools provided to assess candidate’s skills and ability to do the job
• Preparing and managing all onboarding documents, staff lists, and training dates
• Attending job fairs and career events, collaborate with local community groups and schools
• Answering hiring/staffing related inquiries from regional teams
• Developing relationships with current employees, potential candidates to keep a pipeline for future hiring needs
• Working with Site Managers during the summer with staff scheduling issues, helping to source instructors when additional staff are required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 1 years work experience as a Hiring Coordinator or similar role
• Currently completing post secondary education in Human Resource Management, an asset
• Experience hiring youths 16-24 and high-volume recruitment an asset
• Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and niche professional websites like LinkedIn, Facebook
• Familiarity with applicant tracking systems an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete projects within tight deadlines
• Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
To apply please submit your application online by Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
This is a truly amazing time for Pedalheads and we’re excited to be expanding our team and creating so much opportunity and growth for both our staff and the kids that come to our camps. Apply now and find out why Pedalheads people love what we do.
Pedalheads is committed to creating and upholding a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone. We believe that our programs are enriched by the presence of many voices from a variety of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, political beliefs, ages, sexual identities and orientation, socio-economic backgrounds and physical and cognitive abilities.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require financial assistance or other accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact our People and Culture team.