We are a fast-growing leader in children’s programming who offer high-quality bike and swim lessons across North America.
As a Lesson Supervisor / Instructor you can expect to spend your days inspiring the next generation of swimmers and Instructors. It’s active, adventurous, fun and incredibly rewarding!
The Lesson Supervisor / Instructor will direct and supervise students, staff, programs, and oversee pool facilities in cooperation with the Swim Management Team. The position will be scheduled with a mix of lesson supervising and instructing shifts and will be responsible for the general safety and security of all staff, students, and guests in attendance at the pool(s). The Lesson Supervisor/Instructor will also have opportunities to assist with administration, equipment, and training, as directed by the Swim Management Team.
- Job Options: Part-Time
- Location: Bishop Strachan School (298 Lonsdale Rd) or Carleton Village Sports and Wellness Academy (315 Osler St)
- Hours: Evenings and weekends, flexible hours from 2-20/week
- Pay: $22/hr-$26/hr.
- Provides the quality of service expected by Pedalheads Swim through the promotion of instructional and safety services.
- Provides effective, professional customer service and be familiar with all Pedalheads Swim programs and provide information to the public in a polite and helpful manner.
- Reports, updates, and advises the Facility Manager and Swim Management Team of customer feedback, staffing items, and program activities.
- Performs first aid and coordinates rescues at the pool. Ensures required follow-up is accurate and complete.
- Attends, assists, and participates in and successfully completes any required meetings, clinics, and training sessions as scheduled.
- Reports any health and safety hazards in or around the facility to the Facility Manager.
- Mentors swim instructors and provides feedback on performance.
- Monitors and ensures program and safety standards are being followed.
- On-deck and readily available to assist when required. Prepared to fill in for instructors when required (e.g. due to illness or absence).
- Ensures classes start and end on time and progressive evaluations are being completed on all students.
Required Certifications and Qualifications
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Swim Instructor certification with the Lifesaving Society
- National Lifeguard certification (pool option) with the Lifesaving Society
- Prior experience as a Swim Instructor and/or Lifeguard; supervisory experience is an asset
- Be willing to go the extra mile to engage with customers and provide excellent customer service
- Friendly, outgoing, approachable, and brings positive energy
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Work indoors (you can wear comfy clothes!)
- Meet new friends and work on a fun team!
- Discounts with partnered vendors
- Inspire kids to believe in themselves. There is no feeling like it!
- Learn fundamental skills to have a successful career!
Life Skills and Resume Builders
- Communicator – become an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Relationship Builder – learn how to build and preserve trusting relationships with camp leaders, instructors, colleagues, and customers
- Leadership - become a mature and dynamic leader and learn how to teach instructional programs
- Team Player – learn the skills for excellent verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Organizer and Planner – learn the skills to plan, organize, and class management
- Flexible/Adaptable – learn how to adjust quickly and cope effectively with changing situations
- Application – We aim to review every applicant within a week. If you haven’t heard from us within the first week, feel free to reach out!
- Virtual Interview – a 45-minute call with our regional leadership team to learn more about Pedalheads, how this role impacts the larger organization, and to answer any final questions you may have. We will also get to know you during this time!
- Offer – Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer and complete background checks, you accept, and we all celebrate!
Pedalheads is committed to creating and upholding a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone. We believe that the presence of many voices from a variety of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, political beliefs, ages, sexual identities and orientation, socio-economic backgrounds and physical and cognitive abilities will make our programs and workplaces richer for all.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require financial assistance or other accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact the Pedalheads Human Resources Department in confidence.